Saturday, August 6, 2011

Tendonitis pain management? Basic pain management?

I completely understand the pain. I've had patellar tendinitis for 8 years now, and it hurts chronically. Ive been on all types of painkillers hydrocodone, vicodin, etc. Im currently 17, but it started when i was 10. And It's in my right leg and knee. I can't imagine tendinitis in my arm, I'm so sorry. And I totally understand the pain from PT, I went to my first PT evaluation in 7 years and she was killing me! I was lie rally screaming cuz it hurt so much, but I noticed the therapist did something called iontophoresis. It's basically where they put these gel pads on the injured are and connect it to a machine and they send electric charges to that area, but as scary as it sounds it felt pretty damn good. But there basically giving you a cortisone med through the charge. But I had to point this out because this was the best I felt in years. But as painful as it is, the best thing is physical therapy. It will help you to use the tendon and muscle in a certain way. And I do agree, I would go to another doctor. He seems to be just using meds to numb the pain but not cure it. I have not cartilage under my kneecap, so I'm always gonna be on meds. And in pain, and I hate to give good ratings for drugs. But I really love tramadol, it works in the bran nerves and changes how you respond to the pain. It's really great, this actually gives me the energy to do everyday things. So if you do choose to see another doctor, ask about tramadol I really recommend it and another good thing about it is that it's non-addictive. But you have to keep working through the pain, in the end it will get better I promise. If they gave you a sheet of exercises to do at home, keep doing them. Little by little keep doing them, you will feel great relief. And I would also try an ice pack, this really helps me. It eases the swelling and pain. And try ibuprofen, this can also really help the swelling and inflammation which can cause a lot of the pain. What i use to do is alternate meds, like I would take ibuprofen then 4 hours later Tylenol then 4 hours later ibuprofen. Switch them. Oh and after exercising, apply ice pack very important. Prevents soreness, and more pain from the exercises. But 2 things basically is exercising and tramadol, it was the most painful and horrible thing I ever went through but I know I have to do it to get better, and to feel relief in the end. If you stop mow, it will be worse in the future trust me. Mine wouldn't of turned chronic if I would have went to physical therapy 4 years ago. Now it hurts 10x more and doesn't stop. But talk to your physical therapist and see if they recommend iontophoresis this is cortisone pain killer but giving to you a different way, it feels good. Hope I helped and don't give up it will get better

No comments:

Post a Comment